In the event of inclement weather, a decision to move the ceremony will be made by Saturday, May 9 at 8 a.m. If moved, the morning Commencement ceremony will be held at 9:30 a.m. at C. M. “Tad” Smith Coliseum, and there will NOT be a processional.
Platform party members should report to the Coliseum media area. All attendees (faculty, staff, graduates and families) should report to the Coliseum.
Graduates should sit with their families and should be seated in the chairs on the Coliseum floor. Once the chairs on the floor are full, graduates and their families may sit in the remaining available seating within the Coliseum.
Faculty will sit in Section A.
How will the university announce implementation of the inclement weather plan?
- A RebAlert text message will be sent to those who have registered their cell phone numbers.(Students, faculty, and staff may add or update their cell phone contact information in my.olemiss.edu.)
- A link to the information will be posted as a banner on the UM website.
- The information will be posted on the UM Emergency Website
- It will be sent out via Twitter (@RebAlert).
- It will be sent out via an App Alert for those with notifications activated on their mobile device using the Ole Miss App.
- The information will be posted on the UM website.
- A blast email will be sent to students, faculty and staff.
- Signs will be posted on the Grove stage.
- You may call 662-915-1040 to hear a recorded message.
What about the individual school and college ceremonies?
If the Grove commencement ceremony is moved to Tad Smith Coliseum because of rain, all other school or college commencement ceremonies throughout the day will also take place at the rain locations.