What is the Alumni Association?
The Ole Miss Alumni Association is the closest contact that former students and friends have with the University after graduation. The Alumni Association has its origins in the early days of the University and was conceptualized by the class of 1852, the first class to graduate from the University. Currently, the Ole Miss Alumni Association has nearly 26,000 active members.
What does the Alumni Association do?
The Alumni Association sponsors many programs, which serve to keep the University in the forefront of modern education. The Association publishes the quarterly Ole Miss Alumni Review, organizes reunions, sponsors the Alumni Hall of Fame, coordinates local club meetings nationally, operates The Inn at Ole Miss, and is involved in many other activities which strengthen the University and help to maintain the close relationship between the Ole Miss Alumni community and the University.
Why should I join the Alumni Association?
Active membership in the Ole Miss Alumni Association allows a small contribution to go a long way and enables you to contribute to practically every part of the University of Mississippi. It is the only organization able to assist such a large number of campus organizations and departments, all while keeping alumni and friends connected to Ole Miss. In return, the Association provides you with a host of benefits including:
- Subscription to the Ole Miss Alumni Review
- Opportunities to have your class notes, births, and weddings in the Alumni Review
- The official Ole Miss Alumni Association auto decal
- Annual Ole Miss Alumni Wall Calendar (mails in December)
- Access to Member Zone at Triplett Alumni Center on home football game days
- Rebel Insider monthly e-newsletter
- Savings and special offers from participating businesses and partners
- Travel opportunities with fellow Rebels all over the world
- Priority mailings for special Ole Miss events
- Scholarship opportunities for students of active alumni
- Satisfaction that you are making a difference at Ole Miss by supporting your alma mater
For more information on the Ole Miss Alumni Association or for the membership application, please visit: http://www.olemissalumni.com/newgrads/