How to prepare for Commencement
2014-15 Commencement Timeline
This serves as a guide and a checklist to make sure all of the proper steps are taken so that you are prepared for the May 9th Commencement ceremony.
- Check Commencement website for new information, and direct your family to the website
- If you have not received notification about your May 2015 or August 2015 approval for graduation, contact your adviser or your college or school’s Dean’s Office immediately
- Feb. 21 – Last day to submit application for May and August diplomas
- Attend Grad Fair in the Student Union Lobby
- The Grad Fair will provide you with materials and information you will need prior to graduation. You will be able to order your cap, gown and tassel. Representatives from the university’s Registrar Office, Office of Financial Aid, Career Center, Alumni Association, Ole Miss Bookstore and University and Public Events will be on site to answer any questions you may have.
- Refer to the Grad Fair section of the Commencement website if you need any of the information as a reference
- If you expect to graduate with honors, find out when and where your college or school will be distributing honors cords
- Pick up your 2015 Ole Miss yearbook from the Student Union lobby. They are free!
- Verify the time and location (including inclement weather location) for your college or school ceremony
- Pick up cap and gown from the Ole Miss Bookstore
- All monetary type holds should be cleared before you leave
- Diplomas will not be mailed if you have a Bursar, Financial Aid or Library hold
- May 9 – Commencement Day. Congratulations! Take a look at the Graduates, Are You Ready? Info Guide for pertinent information
- Gowns should be returned at the conclusion of your college/school ceremony. Instructions will be given at the ceremony.
“The University is respected, but Ole Miss is loved. The University gives a diploma and regretfully terminates tenure, but one never graduates from Ole Miss.” – Frank E. Everett, Jr.