How to prepare for Commencement
2014-15 Commencement Timeline
This serves as a guide and a checklist to make sure all of the proper steps are taken so that you are prepared for the May 9th Commencement ceremony.
- If you expect to graduate with honors, find out when and where your college or school will be distributing honors cords
- Pick up your 2015 Ole Miss yearbook from the Student Union lobby. They are free!
- Verify the time and location (including inclement weather location) for your college or school ceremony
- Pick up cap and gown from the Ole Miss Bookstore on May 6-8 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and on May 9 from 7-9 a.m. in the Student Union Ballroom–IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY PURCHASED A CAP AND GOWN, VISIT THE UNION BY FRIDAY AT 2 PM WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
- All monetary type holds should be cleared before you leave
- Diplomas will not be mailed if you have a Bursar, Financial Aid or Library hold
- Take a look at the 2015 Commencement Ceremony Information Guide
- May 9 – Commencement Day. Congratulations!
- Gowns should be returned at the conclusion of your college/school ceremony. Instructions will be given at the ceremony.
“The University is respected, but Ole Miss is loved. The University gives a diploma and regretfully terminates tenure, but one never graduates from Ole Miss.” – Frank E. Everett, Jr.