The University of Mississippi has developed its planning for Commencement 2020 and 2021 in compliance with public health guidance and government orders. We are committed to upholding the health and safety of our visitors. Below, see how we’re adhering to public health guidelines during Commencement 2020 and 2021 ceremonies:
- All students, faculty, staff and visitors must wear a mask at all times in all indoor venues.
- All students, faculty, staff and visitors must wear a mask at outdoor Commencement venues upon entry and while moving throughout the venue. Masks may be removed only while seated.
- At ceremonies, graduates will be seated socially distanced from one another.
- At ceremonies, visitors/guests will be seated in “pods” of no more than four people and each “pod” will be socially distanced from other “pods” on every other row.
- Morning Convocation is being held in a large, outdoor venue and will not be ticketed. Guests are expected to follow social distancing recommendations of maintaining at least 6 feet from other households/families.
- Graduates will enter ceremonies through a designated entrance.
- Doors for all venues will be open to all guests one hour before the ceremony to stagger entry into the venues.
- After walking across the stage at their respective ceremony, graduates will be instructed to exit the venue immediately and meet their family/guests outside of the building in order to stagger exit from the venues. Please note that there will be photo opportunities for all graduates and families outside of venues.
- Individual ceremony times have been spaced apart to allow sufficient time for all venues to be sanitized between ceremonies.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the venues.
- Elevators and restrooms will have limited capacity that will be posted outside each entrance.
- Staff and signage will be strategically placed in and outside of venues to promote and remind visitors and graduates of proper social distancing as well as mask adherence.